Town & Country Cleaners LimitedWorking to Clean your Environment
Our environmental policy
Town and Country Cleaners Ltd is an environmentally conscious organisation and as such we acknowledge the potential environmental impact that our commercial cleaning operations may have on the environment.
This policy has been endorsed by Directors who give their full support to its implementation. The Board of Directors and management in co-ordination with the Environmental Management Representative are responsible for ensuring that it is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the organisation.
Our policy has been developed working with organisations such as Enviroskills which is part of the Business Link Kent. Enviroskills have helped with awareness training and as such have sited us as an environmental success and celebrated this success story on their website.
We are committed to the prevention of pollution and continual improvement of our environmental performance. This has been facilitated through the setting of environmental objectives based on our significant environment aspects. These objectives will be documented, allocated targets and periodically monitored and reviewed through ‘audit programmes’. The results of which are communicated throughout the organisation and to our clients, suppliers and contractors, where appropriate.
As an organisation, we are committed to ensuring that we: -
• Comply with all environmental legislation, codes of practice and guidance produced by regulatory bodies and external information sources where these are applicable and relate to our environmental aspects.
• Provide all employees with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfill the requirements of this policy, commensurate with their role.
• Uphold an environmental management system in accordance with the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001: 2004, as defined within the scope of our EMS.
• Strive to integrate environmental best practice into our business operations.
• Prevent pollution to the environment, by ensuring that we manage transport, energy, and water and cleaning substances
• Minimise waste to landfill by reducing our waste generation and by segregating and recycling waste where economically and operationally feasible.
• Co-ordinate business mileage so as to maximise fuel efficiency.
• Use energy, water, materials and other natural resources as efficiently as possible, giving particular regard to the long term sustainability of consumable items.
• Identify, quantify and reduce our carbon footprint and off-set our emissions through carbon negative projects.
• Ensure that the environment is considered in the procurement of goods and services.
• Give appropriate consideration for the environment in the goods and services we provide to customers.
• Work together with local businesses, neighbours, partners or suppliers to encourage commitment and improvement in our local environment.
This policy will be communicated to all employees and organisations working for or on behalf of Town and Country Cleaners Ltd. Employees and other organisations are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
This policy will be reviewed annually by the Environmental Representative and where deemed necessary will be amended and re-issued. Previous versions of this policy will be archived and are available upon request. In addition we can on request provide our environmental aspects.